Wednesday, April 27, 2011

תירבחו ותסעדו! Tirvahu vetis'adu! It's mimouna time!!!

Another Pesach (Passover) has come and gone, and hopefully spring is on its way.  It's fascinating -- somehow my mood always brightens at this point, as if the spring and I are linked.  Guess my very cloudy home state does have an effect on one's affect :o)

I am especially happy today, since I just finished my last ever working day as a medical student!  We have lecture tomorrow and practical and theory exams on Friday, but I haven't gotten nervous yet.  (Don't worry -- check back tomorrow and the butterflies will most definitely be fluttering about my belly.)  We are celebrating tonight with the (albeit one-day-belated) Moroccan Jewish tradition: the MIMOUNA!!!  Neighbors go house to house eating sweets and a special bread called mufleta.  Any and all are welcome, so stop by tonight and we will greet you with the traditional "tirvahu vetis'adu."  There is also some connection to luck and to fertility, so who know?  Can't hurt.  Unless you're diabetic.  Or have dental caries.  Or just don't like sweets.

But for the rest of you, happy Mimouna and I will update more baby news as it comes in.  Right now, tfu tfu tfu, things are going along...

No comments:

Post a Comment