Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Affirmations

If I can only believe in and do the following...

1. I will emerge from this journey a stronger person.  The worst-case scenario happened and I'm still standing.  If I survived that, I can survive anything.
2. I will bear with grace the disappointments because the only thing I can control is my attitude.
3. My worth is not connected to my ability to have children.  Even if I sometimes feel so.
4. I am a girl.  Even if I have an isochromosome, and no functional ovarian tissue, and hormones that come from a pharmacy, and can't be pregnant, and am not a mother.  I am as much a girl as anyone else.
5. I will emerge from this journey a more patient person.
6. I will learn to count my blessings.  "Who is rich?  He who is happy with his portion."
7. I will look forward.  The past cannot be changed.  "Though nothing can bring back the hour, of splendor in the grass, of beauty in the flower, we will grieve not, rather find strength in what was left behind."  Or as my beloved great-grandmother (of blessed memory) said, "Life is for the living."  Or as the cast of Rent sings, "Forget regret, or life is yours to miss."
8. I will turn this into an opportunity to learn better coping skills.
9. I will smile at least once every day.  As long as you can smile, all is not lost.
10. I will learn to cede control because sometimes, there really is nothing you  can do.
11. I WILL be a mother one day.  Even if it only in Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment