Saturday, May 14, 2011

There's No Place Like Home

Two flights and a short drive home from the airport (thank you, Daddy!), we found our kitten waiting at the door.  It's always sad to leave Israel, but it is SO nice to be home!  I really missed my family after two weeks.  We said hello to my sister and brought her some chocolate, then we went by my aunt to eat lunch with my grandmother (second mother, really), aunt, uncle, and their three little ones.  I got the best welcome: four-year-old S____ ran out the door to greet me, her face painted like a butterfly from last night's ice cream social.  I guess it's comforting to know that whatever happens, I will always have moments like that.  We went inside and had a delicious meal of spaghetti bolognese, courtesy of my chef aunt (or at least she should be a chef).  A big hot meal after a long flight is so satisfying -- especially when it's topped off with a chocolate babka.  Yum!

After that it was home to nap, followed by unpacking, followed by a nice hot shower and a cup of tea.

That's about it.  We haven't any news yet, but hopefully soon.  Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment