Sunday, June 5, 2011

Curious: anybody raising bilingual (or multilingual) babies? Advice?

At some point in the future, God-willing, Husband and I hope to raise bilingual children.  If anyone reading this has experience, what challenges did you face and how did you overcome them?  Any advice?  Obviously this is still very far in the future, but I got to thinking about it after returning from my aunt and uncle's early Shavuot party a few minutes ago.  My aunt is bilingual but her children really only speak English.  It happened unintentionally -- their oldest is autistic and a second language became problematic -- but I think the three children missed out.  Husband and I want our children to read, write, and speak both languages equally well.

So if you've been there and done that, any tips are appreciated.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment