Sunday, October 30, 2011

Quick Update

This will be brief as I am exhausted despite sleeping eleven hours last night.  (Okay -- I'll admit those hours were punctuated by numerous coughing spells.)  We had a lovely lunch at the Indian buffet joined by Mama and Mama Phyll.  All I can say is, no dinner necessary after that brunch -- it would only be a downhill move.  

But now the update for which you (probably have not) been waiting.  The telephone meeting seemed to go well -- we're agreeable to proceed and hope Potential Surrogate and her husband are too.  Of course I can't post details about them.  We'll hear tomorrow if they want to proceed.

The remainder of the day was spent reading Dale Dubin's Rapid Interpretation of EKGs, but also a conversation with my best friend who is doing her surgical internship in another state.  S, I miss you!  Come home!

Debating whether or not to celebrate my birthday.  The idea of making a party sounds like too much energy.  Maybe if I don't have to cook/bake...Coldstone cake-batter ice cream cake anyone?  Or my favorite lemon-raspberry torte?

But now, shower and bed.  Five CCU patients tomorrow -- yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment