Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The latest roadblock...but I'm sure not the last

Our donor's brother was found to be anemic and as part of the workup, a colonoscopy was done (yes, I know this is passive voice -- science mode) revealing numerous benign polyps.  I presume they are working him up for Peutz-Jeghers Syndrome.  He is having genetic testing done, and she herself is scheduled for a colonoscopy in August.  Meaning, even if the results are normal, we wouldn't likely transfer until late October or early November.  I no longer expect things to work out anyway.  We will see if we can get another ovum donor, just in case.

Either way, it now seems I am almost guaranteed not to have a baby in my twenties.  That would require a successful transfer by February, and I just don't believe anymore.

I'm thinking about adopting either a Tamagotchi or a pet rock.

And by the way -- Peutz-Jeghers Syndrome is NOT a premalignant condition, so why does it even matter?  Would someone tell my donor that she can't have children if she had the syndrome?  And it's autosomal dominant and her parents don't seem to have the phenotype, so isn't this more likely a spontaneous mutation?

2 comments:

  1. Don't know what to say. Life Sucks!!! Just keep moving forward and find another donor. You will get there it takes time. If only I could take my own advice. I take one beating after another and keep going because the end result is a baby. GnRh didn't work. My putuitary wouldn't take the drug. Now I am on Menopur shots to see if it will work. My RE thinks I could have a mutation of ts but I had a genetic test and it didn't show ts. So lets see if anything grows on the shots. Keep your chin up and move forward!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, bummed for you too! I hope the menopur works. We have started going through donor profiles again. How long have you been trying and everything? When were you diagnosed w Kallman's? I have set up a new email miminsearchofmotherhood@gmail.com, by the way.

    ReplyDelete