Sunday, July 24, 2011

In Which our heroine is impressed, stressed, and goes to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2.

First of all, I am SO incredibly grateful to everyone for their support in this Adventure in Baby-making.  It's impressive how understanding and accepting people are of our rather unconventional path to parenthood.  Nobody has even pressed my explanation of "some cardiac thing" and most are just excited, the same as they would be for anyone else who announced she was expecting.

So if you are worried about announcing that you are sort-of pregnant, don't be!  People are far more accepting than you might think.

On another note: I must be an incompetent intern.  I'm stressing out about carrying nine patients and potentially admitting three new patients tomorrow.  SERIOUSLY!  When my parents and my mentor were interns nine and three would have been a cakewalk. And I still feel that I haven't a clue how to actually take care of anyone.

Am I going to end up like Potts from the House of God?  I'm slightly less than halfway through, but I don't see myself becoming any better than he.

Okay, enough whining.  I need to read at least one article before bed.  Is that breaking my day-off promise?  But I was "good" all day.  I even saw the new Harry Potter movie!  Which, by the way, is absolutely wonderful and a nice capstone to the series.  The books, however, are still better.  God bless JK Rowling -- and could she PLEASE come out with a new book?  (Jhumpa Lahiri, this goes for you too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment