Tuesday, March 20, 2012

In lieu of baking a baby -- some other options

Just because one can't bake a baby doesn't mean one can't bake!  They are called hamentaschen or אוזני המן but I just like to call them "delicious!"  We bake them to celebrate the holiday of Purim.  Added plus: both the "oven" and the "eggs" are much easier to procure and much cheaper than surrogancy.  (Recipe to follow when I have a chance to translate it into English.)


So many cookies!



Filled with stawberry preserves...



...and Nutella +/- coconut.  Yum!

...lemon curd...

Semolina cake, similar to a basbusa


3 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmmm.....I want to jump through the screen and have one of those. You feel the same way about baking as I do about gardening. If a plant dies, or a seed doesn't sprout, I can just plant another. No harm, no foul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummmm can you believe I never had one till 7 years ago. I was a very deprived Texas Jewish girl.lol they don't even have bagels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHAT! No bagels!?!?!? Remind me never to move to Texas :o) Haha...actually a cousin of mine moved to Houston two years ago for an engineering job. I never asked her about bagels, though.

      Delete